Sponsored Projects Analyst Sr.Apply Now
Give your career the best treatment.
Ready to be part of the first and largest pediatric hospital in Southern California? This is Children's Hospital Los Angeles. A place where you can make a real difference in the lives of our patients and their families. A big responsibility? Absolutely. But if you’re up for the challenge, we’re on the lookout for amazing professionals to join our elite teams – talented individuals who can continue our high level of care.
The Research Administration Analyst is part of The Saban Research Institute’s (TSRI) central Research Services Team, primarily responsible for the pre and post award administration of federal, federal pass through, local, state, and foundation grants and subcontracts and consortium agreements. The Analyst will provide administrative support to PIs in the development, submission and review of proposals, and award negotiation. The Analyst will monitor fiscal performance on projects, prepare, review, and process financial transactions, and ensure timely invoicing, financial reporting, and close-out of grants/contracts. The Analyst will be the point of contact for sponsoring agencies and serve as a liaison for the institution. The Analyst will provide action-oriented and expert support to Principal Investigators (PIs) and handle specific grant and audit issues with integrity.
A successful candidate will have research administration and/or clinical research experience; knowledge of a variety of funding types; experience working with faculty in academic, research, clinical, or administrative settings; ability to collaborate on complex issues; perform effectively in a deadline driven environment; strong interpersonal skills and a strong service orientation.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Minimum Experience: At least 4 years of research administration, legal, or contracting experience in an academic setting. Experience working with both grants and contracts in a hospital or university setting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Working knowledge of enterprise-wide research administration software applications
• Ability to interpret sponsor guidelines and regulations
• Detailed knowledge of the administrative components of a proposal including: understanding of standard proposal requirements, terms, and conditions; budget development and resource requirements; bio-sketches; facilities pages; and sub-awards
• Detailed knowledge of applicable federal, state and other sponsor regulations related to sponsored projects, including Uniform Guidance
• Emotional intelligence and professionalism in building strategic hospital relationships
• Passion for service excellence and integrity
• Advanced knowledge of customer service theory and ability to translate into practice
• Ability to provide timely and viable solutions to existing and new problems
• Excellent skills to work collaboratively and act persuasively in sensitive situations
• Ability to work independently
• Professionalism in all communication, as expected in interaction with customers
• Ability to adhere to weekly and monthly deadlines
• Computer skills in a PC/Windows environment including MS Word and MS Excel as demonstrated by application materials and previous experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail as demonstrated by application materials
Contracts and grants analysis
Pre/Post Award analysis
Extramural fund management