VERSANT TRANSITION RN FELLOWSHIP IN PEDIATRICS
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is excited to present a new training program for the experienced registered nurse who is interested in transitioning to an acute care pediatric setting. The Versant Transition RN Fellowship at CHLA will prepare and support the experienced nurse as they enter into a pediatric specialty area. This program will be offered twice a year, in August and February. Learn more about this opportunity and other educational services and programs.
For additional information, please visit this page.
- CHLA is acknowledged throughout the United States and around the world for leadership in pediatric and adolescent medicine. As a Magnet-designated hospital, CHLA is one of America’s premier teaching hospitals, affiliated with Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California for more than 73 years. We also are a national leader in pediatric research.
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles Versant RN Residency in Pediatrics is accredited as a Practice Transition Program by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. CHLA’s New Graduate RN Residency in Pediatrics is also accredited by the ANCC which makes CHLA the second hospital in the country with two accredited transition to practice programs.
- EEO Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans
- The Versant Transition RN Fellowship, ranging from 12 weeks to 16 weeks depending on the area of specialty, includes competency-driven clinical immersion and curriculum, as well as formal mentoring and debriefing.
- Each transition RN fellowship receives an individualized learning plan for competency acquisition based on a performance gap analysis process.
- Vital professional development topics, such as career planning, conflict resolution, the culture of a new unit, self-confidence, and goal setting are presented and discussed.
Eligibility for the Versant Transition RN Fellowship Program at Children's Hospital Los Angeles:
- A registered nurse with at least 1 year of experience working as an RN in an acute care setting.
- BSN or MSN degree is required.
- Current American Heart Association CPR and PALS certification.
Apply online using our Nursing Career Opportunities Search.
- You will be able to view and apply to the areas that will be accepting applicants for this program.
- Please complete the entire online application, attaching a resume is highly recommended.
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles has had to respond rapidly to new and changing business needs prompted by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) so that we may continue to deliver the highest level of care to our patients and employees. As a result, the organization has decided to delay the Transition Fellowship until further notice.
Upcoming Program Dates
- To be determined
ARE YOU A NEW GRADUATE NURSE?
LEARN ABOUT OUR VERSANT RN RESIDENCY IN PEDIATRICS PROGRAM
Pediatric Nursing Careers at CHLA
At Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, you’ll find the perfect environment to develop your nursing career.
Our program is a national model for helping new nurses learn to provide care for children.